Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

C is for Colonoscopy

Since nearly all my friends and family are in their 50s, colonoscopies are  familiar procedures. This morning I was at Portland Gastro at 6:30 AM to check in for my procedure. Leo brought me over, then went for a run on the Boulevard. He's not great at waiting, and I don't need my hand held.
I was disappointed however, that they gave me more medication than usual, or perhaps I reacted to it differently. I like to watch the procedure on the monitor. This morning,I was asleep in a nano second. Woke up back in recovery area unaware that the procedure had been done. But when Dr Stephan came in I was awake, alert and remember what he told me.
1. Polyp removed
2. A few diverticuli found
3. Ultrasound needed because something in pelvis appears to be pushing into bowel

Oh goody, now I get to drink mass quantitiy of water ( NOT GATORADE) for the ultrasound when ever that is.
Told to eat high fiber diet......already doing that, so no problema. I think I support Fiber One company just  by myself. 

So I have 3 bottles of  G2 (lowcalorie) Lemon/lime Gatorade up for grabs. Any takers? It's free.
If not I may need to find some other use for them.....

                                                      GARDEN ART,PERHAPS?

Yup, I know that I am half a bubble off  center......

Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. I too had my first colonoscopy this year. They mentioned something about diverticulis or what not. Did you have your ultrasound yet? Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete