Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 9, 2011

You Capture- flowers

It has been a cold, wet Spring in Maine. When I read the subject of this week's You Capture,  I was feeling a bit defeated. There was little on bloom in the yard. I decided to go for a walk in a cemetery for inspiration. NO I was not going to take pictures of memorial baskets....but I figured something would come to mind.
I had barely begun my walk when I was struck by" Flowers"
Above are some lovely lilies  that I spotted nearly immediately upon starting my walk.



So you can see what I was inspired by.

There were other flowers too.
Is a flower still a flower if it has gone to seed?




And there was a lovely double file viburnum next to a pond.....




Yesterday I surveyed the yard. Woo Hoo  There were some blooming plants after having had a few warm sunny days.


Closeup of one of the rhododenrons "blossoms." I have only two, the deer dined on the rest  of the buds during the long cold winter. 


                                                                      siberian iris



                                                     blue-eyed grass at the edge of the field


Thanks to Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry blog for curating YOU CAPTURE.
Check her blog out and all the fabulous entries that have been submitted. 
until next week....


1 comment:

  1. The rhododenrons blossoms are spectacular! I like the stonework also.

    ReplyDelete