Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Walking at Evergreen Cemetery

I have decided to try to vary my walking routine by going to different places in the area that are open to walkers. There are plenty of trails that I have not tried. Portland Trails has miles of walking trails in the area.   but I usually walk the same old routes.Some routes actually cross the cemetery. There is a map of the cemetery at the main entrance office building. There is plenty of free parking.
It is a lovely peaceful place to walk with varied terrain. There are some hills with paved, dirt and grass lanes.
I could hear plenty of birds singing, but saw few.
My other reason to go was to get some different photos than usual. I am trying to follow the weekly photo assignments from You Capture, a photography site of sorts managed by Beth @I Should Be Folding Laundry blog. Check it out.
I got some interesting shots which I will post later in the week for my "assignment."

 About this blog thing, I am an absolute newbie....bear with me as I try to figure this out. If you have advice to offer....go for it. I don't know how elaborate I want to get. Furthermore, I don't want to pay for any  special "services" to manage the blog.

Here are a few more pictures that I wasn't planning to post for You Capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment